The difference between hot galvanized sheet and cold galvanized sheet
Hot-dip galvanized sheet: also known as hot-dip galvanized sheet and hot-dip galvanized sheet: It is an effective method of metal anti-corrosion, mainly used in metal structural facilities in various industries. It is to immerse the rust-removed steel parts in a molten zinc solution at about 500 ° C, so that the surface of the steel parts adheres to the zinc layer, so as to achieve the purpose of anti-corrosion.
Cold galvanized sheet: It is an electro-galvanized sheet with a small amount of zinc, only 10-50g/m2. It is a process of using electrolysis to attach a layer of metal film to the surface of metal or other materials. The process of forming a uniform, dense and well-bonded metal layer can prevent corrosion, improve wear resistance, electrical conductivity, reflectivity, and enhance aesthetics.
The difference between hot galvanized sheet and cold galvanized sheet:
- Different corrosion resistance, hot-dip galvanized sheet is dozens of times that of cold-galvanized sheet.
- The way of operation is different: hot-dip galvanized sheet is galvanized in a molten zinc solution of 450-480 degrees, and cold galvanized is galvanized by electroplating or other methods at room temperature.
- The thickness of the galvanized layer is different, and the thickness of the hot-dip galvanized sheet is much larger than that of the cold-galvanized sheet.
- The surface smoothness is different. The appearance of cold galvanized sheet is smoother and better than that of hot-dip galvanized sheet.
- The price is different, the price of hot-dip galvanized sheet is higher than that of cold galvanized sheet.
- The cold galvanized sheet can be plated only on one side, and the hot-dip galvanized sheet should be fully plated.
- The adhesion is different, and the adhesion of cold galvanized sheet is not as good as that of hot-dip galvanized sheet.
- The charging standards are different. Hot-dip galvanized sheets are charged according to the thickness of the material, and most of the cold-plated sheets are charged according to square meters.
The main application scope of hot-dip galvanized sheet process: industry, construction, power facilities, chemical facilities, machinery manufacturing, petroleum, municipal facilities, agricultural facilities, communication facilities, fire facilities, railways, highway transportation facilities and other fields.